Signed in as:
Signed in as:
We want KhromaKon to be a safe and fun event for everyone. We will have our own security team dedicated to your safety so you can enjoy the convention freely.
Some things to keep in mind when planning your trip to Khroma Kon.
– All attendees will need to have their badge present and with the coorisponding flag depending on the area and time they are in the convention space (I.e. those with marketplace badges are allowed entree early for setup)
– Attendees with cosplay props will go through a weapons check at this entrance.
– Functional firearms and realistic props that could be confused for real guns are not allowed at KhromaKon.
To make your entry to KhromaKon as smooth as possible, we suggest you arrive early, have your badge shipped to you in advance, and make sure any cosplay props don’t conflict with our prop policy. We want to make sure all of our attendees and the community stays inclusive, welcoming, and safe
KhromaKon is committed to curating a space where fans can count on a safe, inclusive, and fulfilling experience. In order to preserve that, Khroma Kon a zero-tolerance policy against harassment, groping, stalking, and inappropriate photography. Any and all harassment is unacceptable.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to, verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome sexual attention. Harassment of any kind is unwelcome at KhromaKon and will not be tolerated. Violation of this policy will result in removal from the event and depending on the severity, a permanent ban from all future KhromaKon events.
If you are being harassed, please find the nearest staff member so that a report can be made.
We love cosplay. In the convention scene, cosplay is a HUGE part of coventions across the world, so it makes sense to plan for a HUGE cosplay scene at KhromaKon. We want to make sure that everyone has a fun and safe time at the con. Please read the policy and follow the rules accordingly. If you violate this policy, you could be asked to leave KhromaKon without a refund.
Any weapon that could seriously hurt someone is not allowed. Specifically, but not limited to:
Prop weapons are allowed at KhromaKon, as long as they meet the following criteria; That they are composed of cardboard, foam, something light. Prop firearms are allowed only if they cannot be mistaken for real weapons. Orange tips are okay. Prop bows will be allowed providing all arrows have soft tips and will not be shot.
Any weapon that could seriously hurt someone is not allowed. Specifically, but not limited to formed security personnel. Safety is paramount, and all staff members will always err on the side of caution. There will be no place to store prohibited weapons on-site. If you have a weapon that is prohibited, you will be escorted from the building and not allowed back in with the weapon.
We love costumes, good guys, bad guys, and everything in between! Hateful symbols are not welcome at KhromaKon. Historical costumes can be great, but reminders of unspeakable atrocities are not appropriate, ever. This includes any sort of “ironic” or satirical costumes that re-appropriate Nazi paraphernalia or klan member attire.
Please be advised that the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor is a public, family friendly space. That being said, please keep in mind the following addition to this policy:
KhromaKon is committed to supporting our Marketplace exhibitors. That being said, counterfeit items, bootlegs, knock-offs, AI generated art, or other pirated items are not welcome at KhromaKon. If you see something, please report it to an KhromaKon staff member. Exhibitors selling counterfeit items may be removed from KhromaKon, banned from future events, and risk criminal prosecution.
By presenting programming at KhromaKon, programming participants (also referred to as panelists) agree to the following terms and conditions.
• We ask that all crew work a minimum of one full 5 or 6 hour shift.
• We prefer all crew work at least 1 Saturday shift. Saturday is our busiest day and we will need all the help we can get, so anyone who is able to work a shift on both Saturday AND either Friday or Sunday will get preference. If you have special scheduling needs, and are only able to work Friday and/or Sunday, please note this on your application.
• All crew must wear their name badge while in the KhromaKon occupied space or while working any possible KhromaKon events.
• Volunteer shirts are to be worn during the work shift at all times. They are not to be worn inside the event after your shift ends, but they are yours to keep after the event.
• All crew should wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Comfortable walking shoes are best as most crew will be doing a lot of standing and/or walking.
• We ask all crew to act in the best interest of KhromaKon by respecting attendees, fellow staff, as well as promoting a safe and healthy environment. Please familiarize yourself with the Harassment Policy.
• Staff must refrain from any deliberate acts that may create a dangerous or unhealthy situation during the show. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages and assaulting, threatening or disregarding the safety of an individual. Anyone who might be under the influence or is exhibiting dangerous or risky behavior, will be reported to security immediately.
• Staff are not permitted to use their volunteer status to promote or conduct personal business. Anyone caught doing so will be escorted off the premises and have their badge revoked.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Update
KhromaKon 2024 is being planned as an in-person event on March 1-3, 2024 at the HiLyon Baltimore Inner Harbor.
The health and safety of all participants is priority at all KhromaKon events. In organizing this event, we are following the state, county, and CDC guidelines in order to promote a safe experience. Even so, please understand there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in visiting any public place where there are people.
We are constantly reviewing and reevaluating protocols as they relate to the current COVID-19 situation, which continues to change rapidly. We encourage you to revisit this page prior to traveling to the event.
Proof of Vaccination
At this time, KhromaKon will require proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test to attend the event.
At this time, face coverings for KhromaKon is required. We highly encourage attendees to continue wearing masks while indoors as recommended by the CDC.
Hygiene and Sanitization
There will be additional measures taken to support a safe environment at the Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor. This includes precautions like enhanced cleaning procedures and additional sanitation stations throughout the building. You can find more information as we update the Frequently Asked Questions section of KhromaKon’s website.
We ask that all attendees sanitize and/or wash their hands as often as possible.
We ask that all attendees self-evaluate prior to coming to the event in order to protect others at the event. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in close contact with someone who has had COVID-19 in the 7 days prior to the event, please do not enter the convention.
As COVID-19 news changes rapidly, we recommend you subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to be the first to receive new information. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Before you apply, please read and understand the following.
3D printing products are allowed in the marketplace as long as no items that are being curated are copyrighted/patented items. This is to prevent any legal complications with he creator of the copyrighted design. If necessary, we may ask for proof of consent from the creator, as well as contact information within the respected timeframe before the date of our event.
MARKETPLACE FAN ARTS AND FAN CRAFTS
We encourage original prints, crafts, comics, etc, but please read to assure your table follows our guidelines. Should a staff member or publisher representative ask you to remove any item from display and sale, you must do so immediately. Failure to follow this policy puts you at risk of being removed from the event without refund, restricted from future KhromaKon events, and in some cases, criminal fines and prosecution.
Displays in the marketplace must adhere to the following guidelines.
Electricity is not available and cannot be purchased in the Marketplace
KhromaKon is dedicated to our artists and creatives. Our promise to our audience is one of integrity. We, as the collective of creatives behind this event, understand the dedication, work, and love it takes to bring art into fruition, no matter the medium. Not only are we artists and creators, we are working to ensure that KhromaKon becomes and stays a safe space to celebrate creativity. KhromaKon is, has been, and will be created by artists and creatives, whether it’s promotional material, our marketplace vendors, our art show , and all other events at KhromaKon. We wish to value the artists who will contribute to curating this experience. We truly would not be able to create this experience if it were not for artists.
Due to the disregard towards artists in the nature of what is AI generated art, our team has come to an understanding, and can not allow AI generated art into our space. This includes selling it in our marketplace or art show, utilizing it in our promotional material, and existing in anything that would fall under events run by KhromaKon.
Should we find AI generated artwork in our space, it would be considered counterfeit, which is not welcome at our show. Those who sell counterfeit items may be removed from KhromaKon, banned from future events, and risk criminal prosecution. If you see something, please report it to a KhromaKon staff member.
We will continue to watch this technology as it develops and will update this policy as needed, but as of now our stance is unwavering.