If you have any questions on our marketplace being a good fit for you, please read our policies first, then if questions still persist, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply, please read and understand the following.
- Our marketplace is curated to a certain extent with our creator participants carefully selected. We have the right to refuse any application without explanation.
- Marketplace space is issued only to the creator listed on the application. Spaces are not transferable.
- This is a table request form. It is not a contract, and it does not guarantee space. Marketplace space is limited, and as we continue Khroma Kon, previous acceptance does not guarantee acceptance the following year.
- If accepted, you will be sent a link with payment details. You MUST make payment by the given deadline to reserve your space. Late payments will not be accepted. If payment is not received by this date, your table will be allotted to a creator on the waitlist.
- Individuals, as well as collectives or studios with multiple creators, may apply, but collectives/studios must identify each of their members within the application.
- Tables cannot be shared with any creator not listed within the application. You may not add additional artists to your table after your application has been approved.
- All applicant must be 18-years-old or older or have a parent/legal guardian 18 or older
- If you plan to share your table or exhibit with a collective/studio only ONE member should apply for an Artist Alley table. Multiple members should not apply. Multiple applications from the same collective/studio will not increase your chances of acceptance.
- Accepted creators will receive one Marketplace table/ booth depending on what was chosen on the application. No displays may extend across more than their table space unless an extra table has been purchased. This applies to both individual artists and collectives/studios.
- Accepted creators are expected to be at their table during all open hours of the market place
- Tables do not include electricity, and electricity cannot be ordered in Marketplace.
- Wifi is not included, but both free and paid wifi options are available directly from the building
- Accepted creators may purchase passes should they need it for an additional member of a studio and/or helpers. Marketplace passes allow entrance during set up hours before and after public hours each day.
- Marketplace tables must be staffed during all public hours by a minimum of one person.
- Should you not be part of the first round of Marketplace acceptances, you will automatically be waitlisted to be considered in the event any tables become available.
- We encourage creators if all mediums. If you have questions about this, please email us at email@example.com.
- We want to celebrate fans of comics, anime, and manga and their artistry, and we encourage original prints, comics, etc, but mass-produced fan works or fan works that use or are based on licensed, copyrighted material (including character art, background art, logos, etc) fall under our bootleg policy and are prohibited. Do not create buttons, pins, bags, keychains, T-Shirts, etc. with official art or any art that isn’t yours. Don’t trace, copy, or place Photoshop filters over someone else’s work , or use AI and call it your own. If you display fanart which doesn’t follow this guide, you may be asked to remove them from display by one of our Khroma Kon team members or risk being removed from Marketplace without refund.
MARKETPLACE FAN ARTS AND FAN CRAFTS
We encourage original prints, crafts, comics, etc, but please read to assure your table follows our guidelines. Should a staff member or publisher representative ask you to remove any item from display and sale, you must do so immediately. Failure to follow this policy puts you at risk of being removed from the event without refund, restricted from future KhromaKon events, and in some cases, criminal fines and prosecution.
- You are allowed to exhibit in the marketplace with both art featuring characters of your own creation, as well as fan art and fan crafts based on comics, anime, manga, and pop culture series. We define “fan art and fan crafts” as original work you have created based on licensed, copyrighted material and characters.
- The sale of any item which reproduces official artwork is not allowed. You cannot use official poster art, key art, screenshots, logos, or other materials you did not draw yourself. This includes making buttons, pins, bags, keychains, etc. with official art.
- The sale of any item which reproduces the artwork of other fans is not allowed. For example, you cannot copy another artist’s work from DeviantArt or similar sites and call it your own, and you cannot use this artwork as the basis for other fanart or fan crafts. Do not trace, copy, or place Photoshop filters over any art you didn’t create. The alteration or modification of an existing work is not considered an original work.
- The original creator of the fan art must be present at your makerspace table. Booth sharing and collectives are allowed, providing each artist is at KhromaKon
- 3rd party dealers cannot sell the work of fan artists.
Displays in the marketplace must adhere to the following guidelines.
- Tables may not be set up like a booth. If more space is needed you may consider purchasing a 10×10 booth. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Backdrops, print walls, banners, and displays are not to exceed 10’ from the floor.
- Displays on top of tables are not to exceed 4’ from the tabletop. Such displays must be stable and secured to the table by means not damaging the table.
- No display is allowed in front of tables or to extend into any aisle.
- No display may infringe upon its neighboring space, including but not limited to outward side-facing displays, support brackets, extension poles, etc.
- Displays are subject to staff discretion. If any display is deemed unsafe, the artist must adjust the display to meet staff recommendations.
- Additional tables may not be added to marketplace spaces.
- Marketplace tables may not be moved, pushed out, pushed back, or otherwise rearranged. If you require more space, we suggest you upgrade to a booth space.
- Areas directly behind tables may not have any displays blocking the tables next to them and walkways between and behind tables must be accessible at all times.
- Luggage must be placed beneath the table and cannot be placed in front, behind, or beside the table.
- If a marketplace vendor takes a chair from another artist without permission, the marketplace vendor risks being charged for the chair or being removed from marketplace.
- All work displayed must be that of the creator(s) purchasing the space, plagiarized works or the unauthorized use of copyrighted works may result in the forfeit of your table space without refund and potential banning from future events.
- Adult themed materials are allowed but must be tastefully displayed and cannot be accessed by or sold to anyone under 18.
- We encourage no rolling racks, shelving or other display items will be allowed next to standard table space, because we want you to be courteous to your neighbors.If you need additionally space, we suggest purchasing a booth.
- One (1) 6x2 foot table
- Company Sign
- Up to Two (2) badges with marketplace flags
- Up to two (2) 6×2” tables
- Company Sign
- Up to three (3) badges with marketplace flags
Electricity is not available and cannot be purchased in the Marketplace